October 15 – 17, 2021
1. What’s up with flounder?
Since flounder will be closed during tournament weekend, we had to eliminate the flounder division. Instead of selecting another species to substitute, we made the decision this year to increase the payouts in the remaining five divisions. The event, however, is still paying out the same amount (ratio of prize money per entry fees). There’s just more money in the other five divisions.
2. Does my entry fee include a pass to Freeman Park?
This year the Town of Carolina Beach once again voted to offer our tournament anglers 50% off the daily pass ($20). In addition, the Town has structured special day passes for our event. The day passes we are selling (only at Registration from 3:00-11:00 pm) to our anglers will cover from 1:00 pm on Friday until 1:00 pm on Saturday, and then 1:00 pm on Saturday to 1:00 pm on Sunday, so you’ll only need two “special event” day passes.
3. How do I find out information about passes, camping, tents, fires, alcohol, and bathrooms on Freeman Park?
Call the Town of Carolina Beach at (910) 458-2999 or visit www.carolinabeach.org for more information.
4. Does my entry fee include a pass to Fort Fisher State Recreational Area?
No, the state has never provided free or discounted passes to the south end. Passes must be purchased from the Ranger Station at the entrance to the drive-on beach. They will be open until 5:00 pm on Friday, October 15, and then open at 8:00 am on Saturday morning.
5. How do I find out information about passes, camping, tents, fires, alcohol, and bathrooms on Fort Fisher State Recreational Area?
Call the Fort Fisher State Recreational Area office at (910) 458-5798 or visit www.ncparks.gov/fort-fisher-state-recreation-area for more information.
6. How do I find out information about camping, tents, fires, alcohol, and bathrooms on the walk-on beaches?
Most of these actions are prohibited on the walk-on beaches of Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, and Fort Fisher. Information can be found at the following locations:
Carolina Beach (www.CarolinaBeach.org, 910-458-2999); Fort Fisher State Recreational Area (www.ncparks.gov/fort-fisher-state-recreation-area, 910-458-5798); and Kure Beach (www.townofkurebeach.org, 910-458-8216).
7. When do you update the leaderboard over the weekend of fishing, and where can I find the updated leaderboards?
Updates will be done Saturday at 10:00 am, Saturday at 8:00 pm, and Sunday at 9:00 am, and each update will be posted in three places:
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/FishPost. Latest updates will be posted to the top of our feed.
• Website: Latest updates will be posted on the Results page on the Pleasure Island Surf Fishing Challenge section of our website.
• Weigh-In Stations: Each weigh-in station will have a whiteboard with the latest updates.
8. Can I register for the tournament on Friday (before fishing starts at 11:59 pm)?
Yes, Registration is open until 11:00 pm on Friday, October 15.
9. Do I have to come by Registration in person to pick up my arm band, or can I have someone come by and pick it up for me?
Every angler must pick up their arm band in person. No exceptions.
10. Do all fish have to be weighed in alive?
No, there are no live weigh-in requirements for any of the fish categories, including red drum.
11. Where on Freeman Park will the weigh station be located?
At the beginning of the beach open to camping on Freeman Park.
12. Where on Fort Fisher State Recreational Area will the weigh station be located?
At Crossover 1 on the Fort Fisher State Recreational Area drive-on beach.